Pacer Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Project Coodinator for our new project for a end of February start date. The rotation schedule will be 20 days on and 8 days off. The ideal candidate should be experienced in the position, especially in a Buildings and Heavy Civil construction environment. The ideal candidate must also have the following skills, knowledge and qualifications.
The Project Coordinator is required to assist the Project Manager and Superintendents, where applicable, in the day to day duties of a project's administration including, but not limited to:
- Working closely under the guidance and direction of the Project Manager to learn Pacer's systems and methods.
- Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear, traceable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction.
- Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
- Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise the Superintendent of the status of RFIs.
- Obtain quotations for Notices of Change.
- Maintain and update the Shop Drawing Log, review Shop Drawings and submittals.
- Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out documents including warranties and Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating of RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
- Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested or required.
- Coordinate periodic job-related photographs for records.
- Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills.
- Provide progress measurement reports to management.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by supervision.
- Ensure all equipment is being tracked and usage logs being completed and sent to appropriate individuals.
- Ensure that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by the corporate safety manual, Workers’ Compensation Board or other authorities
- Help contribute to a positive safety culture with a target for zero incidents
- Become familiar with the Supervision and Worker Responsibilities outlined in the Pacer Health and Safety Manual
- Utilize the appropriate management skills to lead the team effectively in the day-to-day execution of the work
- Lead with integrity and demonstrate good work ethics
- Responsibly lead and mentor the team
- Investigate conflicts between the team, document findings and implement solutions
- Conduct yearly performance reviews with direct reports focused on their individual development
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering degree or technologist diploma (or equivalent experience) plus:
- Intermediate - a minimum of five years of heavy civil construction experience in a project management role.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- A working knowledge of Primavera is an asset.
- Proficiency in department’s computer system, department software, and typing necessary.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the client, related project staff and the community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of management and other clients to meet or exceed their expectations
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness; ability to take on self-directed tasks when necessary
- Excellent time management skills; attention to detail; and the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency
- Ability to work shift rotations and work in remote areas
We thank all who apply; however, due to the high number of applicants only those to be interviewed will be contacted.