Pacer is seeking a Crane Operator Journeyman to aid in our continued growth. This is a camp position with fly-in-fly out benefits. Shift rotations will be 20 days on and 8 days off.
The Crane Operator will report to the Crane and Rigging Supervisor and is responsible for the safe operation of various classes of cranes, as well as the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Routine daily inspection of all parts of the crane for maintenance, safe operation and cleanliness; particular attention to straps and cables for signs of wear
- Knowledge of hand signals and load limits of the crane
- Knowledge of safe blocking on all sides for leveling and stabilization of the crane to prevent tipping and/or sliding
- Awareness of both overhead concerns and buried or concealed factors which may cause unsafe operation
- Carry out specific work plans assigned by the Operations Departments
- Coordinate with Crane Mechanic/Crane and Rigging Supervisor for maintenance/inspection of cranes and advise Operations of planned down time for maintenance if applicable
- Ensure compliance to the Pacer Crane and Rigging safety procedures
- Other duties as required
- Ensure that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by the corporate Health and Safety manual, Workers Compensation Board or other safety authorities
- Contribute to a positive safety culture with a target for zero incidents
- Become familiar with the Supervision and Worker Responsibilities outlined in the Pacer Health and Safety Manual
- 5+ years of experience operating various classes of cranes especially hydraulic and lattice boom cranes. Piling experience would be an asset but not required
- Must have valid operator certification as approved by Alberta and Industry Training. Including Journeyman red seal/interprovincial certification.
- Knowledge of mechanics and tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of building and construction
- Knowledge of design techniques and blue prints
- Knowledge of lift calculations and safe lifting procedures
- Must have a CSTS certificate
- Must have the ability to pass a Drug & Alcohol Test
We thank all applicants to this position, however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.