Parkland Fuel Corporation is Canada's largest independent marketer and distributor of petroleum products, managing a nationwide network of sales channels. We are Canada's local fuel company, delivering gasoline, diesel fuel, lubricants, heating oil and other products to businesses, consumers and wholesale customers through community based operators who care.
Reporting to the Fleet Maintenance Manager, the Tank Inspector is responsible for inspecting all fleet commercial tanks that are regulated through Transport Canada and recertifying them.
- Determining if a tank conforms to the specifications outlined in CSA B620-03 and perform/oversee repairs to defects in order to comply with these specifications
- Complete all necessary documents and maintain records of all inspections, test equipment calibrations, assist in maintaining our Quality Control in accordance to CSA B620-03, our company Quality Control Manual and company requirements
- Provide internal and external clients with complete cost-effective results.
- Certify NH3 farm field tanks when needed
Qualifications & Skills:
- Knowledgeable on the specifications, test procedures and pass/fail criteria required for CSA-B620-03 and TC 406, 306, 407, 307, 412, 312, 350, 331, 338, 341, 51, and 60 tanks
- At least five years’ experience as a tank inspector, preference for a person who is recognized by Alberta Transportation or Transport Canada
- Trained and experienced in the use of tank testing and hose testing equipment
- Must have Confined Space and Rescue, WHIMIS, TDG, Forklift and Fall Protection tickets or be willing to take them
- Strong Mechanical aptitude and organizational skills in order to maintain records
- Clean and valid class 5 driver’s license
- Must have a good positive attitude with excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Must be willing to train others in the field and to work overtime when needed
As part of our commitment to excellence, Parkland Fuel Corporation offers a highly competitive relocation package for our current and prospective employees considering opportunities outside of their immediate region.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a skilled individual who is enthusiastic and looking for a career with a vibrant and growth oriented company. If you are up to the challenge we want to hear from you!
Our preferred method of application is online at www.parkland.ca