The purpose of the position is to support the Field Facilities Project Manager - Carmon Creek phase 1 & 2 during the integrated design (FEED + Detailed design), and fabrication and construction phases.
The Field Facility project Engineer will work in a multi-disciplinary team and interfacing with other functions to deliver a fit for purpose design in the local environment.
The project scope includes drilling of vertical wells, design and construction of wellpads, distribution and gathering systems, a Central Processing Facility (CPF) including electrical power and steam generation facilities (Cogen), and associated infrastructure development.
CCP1 and 2 is a multi Billion $ venture currently in the Integrated Design Phase, with target startup in 2017.
- Demonstrate a commitment to HSSE and show leadership to foster appropriate behaviors and ensure compliance with HSSE rules and policies.
- Produce project management deliverables pertaining to the Field Facilities for the Define and Execute phase of the project as specified in the Project Assurance Plan.
- Support the delivery of the Field Facilities scope to AFE/FID (budget, schedule, deliverables quality).
- Support execution of the Field Facilities Project - from AFE/FID approval to construction, ensuring Engineering deliverables and tagged equipment / bulks meet required construction milestones.
- Contribute to the development of the procurement and construction contracts.
- Work with OR&A team to support activities to develop commissioning and start-up plan and schedule and Operational Implementation Plan (OIP) of the Field Facilities.
- Ensure that lessons learned are taken into account in the design, adequate operational input is obtained when needed and that there is sufficient robustness in the design to cope with transient conditions (i.e. start up, shut downs, etc.).
- Actively work with other disciplines including subsurface, project engineering and operations to deliver safety and value to the project. Work in close cooperation within the project engineering design team to support consistency of design around interfaces.
- Demonstrate support for the corporate position on Sustainable Development, safety, health, environment, diversity, respectful workplace and the General Business Principles and Code of Ethics.
Additionally, the candidate is expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills, able to supervise and coach.
- Promote and implement simplification, standardization and replication.
- Work in a team environment with a distributed team and handle multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Able to deliver through others.
- Professional qualifications preferably in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (at BSc or equivalent).
- Eligible for Professional status from APEGGA as a P.eng.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in the oil & gas industry with exposure to engineering design, procurement, fabrication, construction, start-up, and operational experience of similar facilities.
- Experience in onshore EP projects with exposure to complexities of integrating Surface Facilities, Field/drilling activities.
- Familiarity with International and Canadian codes and standards as applicable to the Oil and processing/mining industry and with the Shell Standards, DEPs and Ors.
- Good team player.
- Results driven; able to set own priorities and independently deliver upon them.
- Experience in heavy oil development is a plus.