Parkland Fuel Corporation is Canada's largest independent marketer and distributor of petroleum products, managing a nationwide network of sales channels. We are Canada's local fuel company, delivering gasoline, diesel fuel, lubricants, heating oil and other products to businesses, consumers and wholesale customers through community based operators who care.
This position’s purpose is to provide reliable and professional product transportation service to customers and from suppliers with safety as a top priority. You will work independently, operating and maintaining commercial vehicles while completing all tasks related to loading and delivering of fuel, propane, heating oil and/or lubricants to our customers.
You shall perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections; perform minor maintenance tasks on commercial vehicles when necessary; fueling the vehicles; ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported; documenting customer usage; preparing trip reports; preparing accident and incident reports as necessary; and providing other services as requested by management when not engaged in transportation service.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Class 1 or Class 3 license with an abstract acceptable to the Employer;
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of the federal and provincial Governments. Understand log book recording and regulatory compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs and to perform basic vehicle repairs
- Possess reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions
This is a tremendous opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious and enthusiastic individual looking for a career with a vibrant and growth oriented company. If you are up to the challenge we want to hear from you! We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in these positions, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Our preferred method of application is online at www.parkland.ca
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in these positions, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.