Parkland Fuel Corporation is Canada's largest independent marketer and distributor of petroleum products, managing a nationwide network of sales channels. We are Canada's local fuel company, delivering gasoline, diesel fuel, lubricants, heating oil and other products to businesses, consumers and wholesale customers through community based operators who care.
Reporting to the Dispatch Manager, this position involves all duties associated with the loading and delivery of propane tanks. This will include performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections; performing minor maintenance tasks on commercial vehicles when necessary; fueling the vehicles; ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported; documenting customer usage; preparing trip reports; preparing accident and incident reports as necessary; and providing other services as requested by management when not engaged in transportation service.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Class 1 license with an abstract acceptable to the Employer;
- Certification as Picker Operator preferred
- Propane experience an asset
- Preference will be given to those with oilfield/off-road experience and strong knowledge of the local area
- Ability to read, understands, and adhere to the rules and regulations of the federal and provincial Governments. Understand log book recording and regulatory compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs and to perform basic vehicle repairs
This is a tremendous opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious and enthusiastic individual looking for a career with a vibrant and growth oriented company. If you are up to the challenge we want to hear from you! We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in these positions, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Our preferred method of application is online at www.parkland.ca
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in these positions, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity