Long Run Exploration Ltd. is an intermediate oil and natural gas company positioned for long-term growth in Western Canada. We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Technical Support Analyst
This position reports to the Manager, Information Technology and is a member of a team of IT professionals.
· Provide technical support for onsite and remotely located staff on various applications, desktop computing devices, printers, peripherals, audio-visual equipment, and telephony.
· Receive and respond to incoming help desk calls/e-mails, from end users resolving, closing and following up with solutions and/or suggestions.
· Setup new users, or reconfigure users following established procedures including hardware installation and application configuration and rollout.
· Manage inventory and ordering of all hardware. (desktops, mobile devices, tablets, peripherals)
· Update applications and coordinate rollout to clients including training.
· Participate in all active IT Projects as necessary and as the position permits.
· Mentor and train junior help desk staff as well as IT summer students.
· Keep current on all desktop and related network technologies and work towards acting as backup of senior network administrator.
· Occasional travel to field locations to provide support and after hours support, on an ad hoc and as needed basis.
· Perform additional IT related duties as necessary
· 10 plus years of help desk/networking experience, preferably with an oil and gas company demonstrating excellent troubleshooting skills on desktop and end user applications.
· Good understanding of current technology including Windows, Microsoft Office (2010 & 2013), Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, IP telephony, and basic networking.
· Direct experience with WSUS, Exchange Server (2010 & 2013), Blackberry Enterprise (BES), Citrix, Antivirus and VOIP would be a definite asset.
· Proven client services capabilities with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and commitment to a high quality of customer service is a must.
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills with ability to work independently or in a team environment.
· Ability to mentor junior helpdesk staff.
· Experience with oil and gas applications like Accumap, Mosaic, PVR, Geoscout, CSExplorer, and the Envision Accounting suite.
· A Degree in Computer Systems or Post-Secondary Technical Diploma is preferred.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to [email protected]