The Shell Projects and Technology (P&T) organization is the technical powerhouse supporting the Shell Group to become the most innovation and competitive Energy company in the world. The Downstream Projects group is accountable
for the project development and delivery of individual projects across all Downstream Classes of Business.
The group is currently in front end development of a number of multi-billion dollar Gas Monetization opportunities in North America as well as several major brownfield site projects. The projects, located in the USA and Canada, fit within Shell's strategy to responsibly meet global energy demand by tapping abundant natural gas reserves.
We are looking for highly motivated construction engineers and leads with relevant large project experience that exhibit the right behaviors to join our dynamic team of professionals in developing and executing the growing portfolio of Downstream Projects in the Americas. The primary purpose of the position is to provide construction input during Front-End Development of large DS projects. The incumbent will support the respective Construction Manager in the development of the construction deliverables and activities during Front-end Development, Definition and Execution for the project with PTP objectives of Top Quartile performance through standardization and replication.
The incumbent will move with the project to the respective construction site and represent the Owner on the site as part of overseeing the construction team.
The Construction Lead is accountable to the respective Construction Manager and Portfolio Construction Manager for:
Key activities and deliverables including:
- Development of the Construction Execution Plan.
- Construction input for Site Selection.
- Development / implementation of a Labor engagement plan.
- Contractor Pre-qualification.
- Oversight of Early works activities.
- Early development of the construction safety management processes, procedures and strategies designed to deliver HSSE incident free during construction and start-up of the facility.
- Project specific construction and constructability deliverables required during project development.
- Manage the Constructability work stream activities with the EPC(m) and other consultants
- Champion efficient Work Face Planning/lean construction as an objective of the Execution Plan and the associated Contracting Strategy;
- Ensure construction has an effective voice during Front End Development and Execution and that proper weight is given to construction issues in the development of execution strategy and design.
- Champion Top Quartile performance against measurable construction targets as part of the overall project TQ gap closure plan.
- Assure the integration of effective construction contracting into the overall project execution strategy.
- BS degree or equivalent in technical discipline.
- Broad experience (10+ years) in Oil and Gas Industry.
- Proven project delivery experience including background in various aspects of project execution - front-end, design, procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up.
- Proven track record in commercial negotiations and contractor management.
- Experience with working in a Unionized environment.
- Strong commitment to HSSE and ability to lead an organization to enable a workplace without harm.
- Experience as Construction Lead for large oil and gas projects.
- Strong team player with good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated visible and felt HSSE leadership.