Position Title: Capital Asset Supervisor
Team and Location: Finance - Calgary, Alberta
Parkland Fuel Corporation is Canada's largest independent marketer and distributor of petroleum products, managing a nationwide network of sales channels. We are Canada's local fuel company, delivering gasoline, diesel fuel, lubricants, heating oil and other products to businesses, consumers and wholesale customers through community based operators who care.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, External Reporting, the Capital Asset Supervisor will be responsible for the entire capital asset life cycle, including tracking and analyzing capital project expenditures, determining and creating capital asset structures, depreciating and forecasting over life of asset.
You will also maintain responsibility for the financial management of company assets, related processes, reconciliations, systems and reporting.
The main duties will include:
- Preparing PP&E continuity schedules on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Preparing capital asset working papers
- Preparing annual consolidated capital budget
- Ensuring AFEs meet CSOX compliance
- Review and approve capital asset daily transaction in JDE
- Answering auditors’ enquires arising from quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree in Business or Finance
- Ideally candidate would be pursuing a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA)
- 2 – 3 years post-secondary accounting experience within a Finance environment with exposure to the AFE process
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Experienced with JDE or an ERP system would be considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, combined with an approachable manner
- Enthusiastic learner with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Well organized, detail oriented, enthusiastic and confident with excellent problem solving skills
- Highly adoptable and flexible; able to work with a variety of groups and individual
This is a tremendous opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious and enthusiastic individual looking for a career with a vibrant and growth oriented company. If you are up to the challenge we want to hear from you! We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in these positions, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Our preferred method of application is online at http://parklandfuel.hgcareers.com/js/
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in these positions, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.